Hater

For real? College is hard..not so much the classes but deciding what to do. I must have changed my major at least 10 times! Now, I don't really know what I want to do. All my life or at least since my first nephew was born when I was 7, I convinced my self I was the evil step mother that hated kids....secretly though I love them. My first actual calling when I was an "adult" was nursery. Why people dread it? I have no idea...I think its been the best calling I've ever had. Snacks, nap time, bubbles, Hello? Awesome! Anyway, so I've been doing some thinking...too much in fact. After one of my best friends passed, it made the biggest dent in my life. I had to step back from the picture to see where I was going. I realized that I didn't want to be a nurse anymore, because it isn't something that will make me happy. More power to those people who are in nursing, as for me, I came to terms that I wasn't cut out for it..and that's ok. So..drumroll please....I'm going to be a teacher.. Yes, you read correctly, teaching..and not just any kind...elementary school kids! It was like a light bulb went off in my head, hit me like a train! How I came up with you may ask...I thought about the first day I was in college, I was in the textbook store and saw a book on child development. It really sparked my interest. However, I was a journalism major...I know, I know. Anyway, after journalism seemed completely boring and not something I really wanted, after a while I was on and off in school until this year. Its been a long time coming. I wasn't sure that I wanted to do Nursing until WHAM!! The voice in my head said.."Meesa, you know what you want to do...just do it already!" That's when it happened folks. Dr. Seuss was so right! Oh the places you'll go!

4 wise cracks:

Cajsa said...

I COULDNT IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE PERFECT FOR YOU!!! THAT IS AWESOME! I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

rachael marie said...

You have skype!! Yay! I don't know that many people that have it! So I am way excited that you have one! We can talk all the time! haha. I added you as a friend so I hope it worked. I agree with Cajsa you would be such an awesome teacher!! Oh and I LOVE that "can I have your number" video! That is quoted all the time in my household!

o said...

umm pretty sure i teach sunbeams with tyler shepard and its the best thing that has ever happened to me. i love love love kidssssss. im even thinking about specializing in pediatric physical therapy. either that or working with sexy baseball players. its just too bad 5 year olds arent sexy, theyre just cute. unless your a creep. ha!

Monica said...

The young ones hu? Nice! I couldn't do it but you totally can! In nursery I throw balls at the kids heads. We have a air duct that the kids can't seem to stay away from because I told them a monkey got stuck in there. They make sure not to put fingers in the the slants because a monkey will bite off fingers.