"I became bulimic......." "you can read minds?!!"


This baby is seriously kicking my butt. I've lost weight and I secretly want to be happy about it but it feels so unhealthy to puke my guts out all day. The last couple of days have been hellish, I get on waves nausea and eventually vomiting. Its horrible. I used to cry when I threw up and dry heave a ton until my abs and back were sore. Gross, right? I feel like I've tried everything to keep the nausea/up-chuck fits at a minimum but can't seem to get the perfect recipe..maybe there is none and I'm doomed to let my little alien take over my body. Any suggestions? I've tried the following:

Crackers - graham crackers & saltines
Crackers with peanut butter
Lemonade
Lemonade while eating potato chips
Sucking on hard candies - Lemonheads, mints, jolly ranchers..etc
Drinking tablespoons of water every half hour
Eating little meals - eating anything just sounds gross to me

I want to try those psi bands but I'm not sure if its just a hoax. I have some friends who aren't even sick...I'm jealous of them. It just sucks that I can't take my prenatals right now and its hard to swallow anything because it floats right back up. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

5 wise cracks:

EmileeandJonny said...

OH you poor girl! That is seriously the worst! I remember those days all too well, and it seriously doesn't help any when you hear about people that feel perfect their whole pregnancy. I don't know what to tell you- oh yeah, OTTER POPS always made me feel better, cajsa told me she eats those too while pregnant so maybe it would work for you too! During my first trimester the ONLY things that would sound good were otter pops, neds crazy sub, and smoothies! Hope you find something that works for you!

The Gordons said...

Thanks! It just stinks feeling so poopy all the time! Why can't we be like bears and be in a deep sleep for the bad part of it?

melissa said...

Yuck. You sound like you do pregnancy about the same as I do. I am pretty much down for the count for the first 4 months. It sucks. So, in addition to what you've already tried, here are my suggestions:

Carry peppermints with you everywhere and suck on them as often as you can. (I know you mentioned hard candy, but this helps for me. It doesn't make me feel all better, but it helps keep me from puking nonstop.)

Before you go to bed every night take 50-100mg of vitamin B6 and half a tablet of Unisom. This will help you sleep better and the chemical combo of taking these together helps a lot with the nausea, especially in the morning. (Warning: this WILL make you more drowsy in the mornings.)

Try ginger of any kind: ginger ale, ginger pops, gingerbread, etc. It helps.

If nothing is cutting it, talk to your OB about getting a prescription for the nausea. There are 2 or 3 really good options out there that help a lot, but WILL make you tired.

I have personally never tried the wrist bands, but have heard wonderful things about them. If you do try it, let me know how it works. I am curious for next time.

Good luck! It will eventually end. If you're lucky, you'll be past all this yuck by 12-14 weeks along. If not, it can't last anymore than 9 months, right?

rachael marie said...

That stinks that you are feeling so sick! I know my mom swears by these wristbands called Sea Bands. You just have to find the right pressure point that works for you. My auntie who is also pregnant and gets quite sick says that sipping on ginger ale has helped a bit as well. I hope that you feel better soon!

Meagan said...

I truly am so very sorry! I want to tell you that it sucks so much that I can't ever stop eating, but you sound like you're in worse shape. :( I'm so sorry! But on the up side of things, my mom's in town for awhile seeing a few dr's and mentioned on Sunday that she wants to come see you this week. How would that be? Any days good or bad for you?