I will be the first to admit that I was a Obama hater. I'm still not an Obama lover, but come on everyone...can't we just all get along? After hearing Obama was elected our new President, I was really peeved to say the least. I was at my sister's house and we were listening to Glenn Beck (love him!!) and Joe Shmoe called in and said how he didn't accept him as our American President and even though Glenn didn't want Obama for president either he said this to Joe:
"Well, Joe, then you're un-American because this is the way our system works.. Barack Obama won. He is now our President. We do not sacrifice our values. We are not required to now become a socialist. We're now not required to stand up and fight for the things that he believes in if we disagree, but we understand that he is the President of the United States.
So are you going to be a new kind of American that continues to separate us and continue to pull us apart?
Let's move off the conspiracy theories! Let's talk about the facts, and the facts are, Joe, that he is the American President and anyone who doesn't accept him as the President of the United States is pure and simple un-American. That does not mean that you accept everything he does. That does not mean that you sell out your values. That doesn't mean that you don't fight for the Constitution and fight for what you believe in, but he is the President of the United States and if you believe in this system, then you are required, you are required to accept him as the President of the United States, period, and you support him in every way possible because we -- a house divided will not stand."
Very profound..I don't want to be un-American, I am an American and I'm proud of it. Let's support and pray for our new American President. We don't have to agree with him and we don't have to be sell outs. Put away your pitch forks and your passports and your suitcases, pray for him and accept him, lets be Americans.
Our American President
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 wise cracks:
yeah, I was an obama hater too! I heard something from someone I highly respect, he said "I hope he is the best president America has ever had. I hope I vote for him in 4 more years". (he was also against obama) But its true, we should be hoping and praying that he will be a good president, not hoping for him to fail miserably right?!
I will put my pitchfork away when Obama supporters put theirs away. At work the other night I was talking to my mother-in-law about Ryan's dying grandpa and how upset we were and a lady-who was not in our conversation-chimes in and says "not everyone is unhappy about the election" to which I had to defend myself and replied 'not everyone is talking about the election, my grandpa is dying' I have come to understand that we have a new President that I strongly disagree with, but will wait it out and see what happens. If I need to defend myself or my family I will bring out my pitchfork again. Sorry that's how I feel.
Hate is a strong word so I would not say that I am an Obama hater! I will say that I am disappointed in the American people, who I feel did not do their homework throughout this election. I think now that Obama has won we ALL regardless of our preferances or party need to become educated and stay on top of the things that are going on, decicions that are being made and the people that are being chosen to work with our next president, so that we are prepared for what may come good or bad. I hope that Obama suprises all us doubters. I myself am trying to be optimistic and give him the benefit of the doubt even though my gut says something different. But I tell you this, mine and my families passports will be ready if necessary:)
Post a Comment