So, I love to grocery shop, I hate any other kind of shopping but I love to grocery shop. I love putting meals together and testing new things on my family. I was out doing my regular shopping and had stopped by Sam's Club to pick an econosize pack of butter (remember I'm a baking a fiend) for my oodles of bread and fill up the gas tank. When I was finished I made my way to Wal-Mart to start add matching and I know the cashiers hate this but I save TONS of money doing it. So anyways, I'm checking out and I realize my wallet is in the car. No biggie I know my debit/credit card by heart. I tell the cashier...no dice. Its not working I swear I have money the damage was $98 and I start to feel the heat come up in my face and there's a line forming behind me. Not to mention I look homeless I was wearing sweats with holes and I had my son with me who was wearing mismatched clothes because he had a blow out in the car. I ask the cashier "Can I run to my car and grab my wallet?", she says sure and she's super nice the whole time. Then this amazing thing happens the lady in back of me who only has a couple of outfits for her daughter I presume says "Don't worry about it, I got it" I'm thinking "I swear I have money you don't have to do that!" she insists and I feel bad because I really don't think I deserve this. I feel really bad again because everyone needs help and at that moment I needed help and she was there to help me. Maybe I did deserve something so sweet. I let her know how grateful I am and she says to "I know you'll do something good for someone else." My faith in people is restored. I was having such a bad week, because my husband was MIA with finals and all and my oldest is teething and my youngest needs to be attached to me so I barely have time to shower and look decent. There are good people in this world and I'm still grateful to you Wal-Mart shopper. Whoever you are, thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 wise cracks:
Wow, that is so sweet. Good to know there are still decent people in this world.
wow! that is awesome!
HOW COOL IS THAT?! Great story, thanks for sharing! :)
wow, that is amazing...I really hope to be able to do something like that for someone some day. Thanks for sharing/reminding me there are good people out there!
So awesome! I wish I could be that person. But unfortunately I don't even have enough money in my account for my own junk. But I try to do as much and as many little things as possible. I want to be the type of person that people think " my faith in humanity has been restored." And you totally do deserve it! But I know how hard it is to stand back and accept it willingly. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.
Post a Comment