Remember me?

Its Meesa. I know its been awhile but life has taken our little family on some pretty crazy turns. After we had Devan, Josh was pretty confident that another kid would be no problem. We soon found out we were pregnant again. Needless to say Gavin was a HUGE surprise. Anyway...two kids is NOT the same as having one, especially since they're not even a year apart. I'm quickly learning how to multitask and manage a whole day without any sleep. My little man is a night owl (advice anyone?) and my little pumpkin is an early bird. Even though our place quickly gets messy from toys and clothes I do manage to clean my kitchen every night. Its so hard but so rewarding. I love my kids.

This past week I had my wonderful mom watch both my kids while I went to my sister's baby shower. After the baby shower I went to go pick up my chillens, my mom has bought me a dress and we took Gavin with us into the room so I could try it on. My mom laid Gavin on the bed and she noticed that his lips were blue. We started to do the baby version of the Heimlich Maneuver on him and he was still not breathing. We started CPR on him and I called 911. This was the longest 3 minutes of my life. The look on his face was blank and I was frantic to get my baby to breathe. He finally came to when the firemen and paramedics arrived. We spent 2 nights at the hospital and the verdict ended up being reflux. PLEASE watch your newborns and make sure they are still breathing. Its ok to be a paranoid mom, the doctor told me had we not done CPR he would not have come to. It terrifies me to think what was happening to my little guy, seeing his little face like that still haunts me. I keep a watchful eye on him and thanks to the doctors we were able to take home an apnea monitor to make sure his heart and lungs are still doing their job.

When we were finally dishcharged, Josh started to get ready for work and we got a call from my mom. She told us she was in the ER with my Devan. Devan had stuck her thumb in the fan and the fan really just beat it up. She was ok, no stitches or anything just a nice bandaged hand and feel good medicines. My kids love the hospital. I don't know what it is, maybe its because Josh works there and they want to see Dad. Its been a pretty rough month and I really hope we're done with hospital visits forever.

4 wise cracks:

Ashlee G. said...

Man oh Man! How scary! I'm so glad they are both okay!!

EmileeandJonny said...

Oh my gosh Meesa!!! Way to terrify me! I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it must have been AWFUL!!! I'm already such a paranoid mom, I check on my baby all the time! That seriously is so scary! I hope we can BOTH stay out of hospitals, I don't want to be taking my kids either!!! Hope everything is going ok now!

Ryan & Tiff said...

I have been told by several people that they swear by the book babywise its supposed to help your baby get on sa schedule I found it on barnes and noble on clearance for 2.99...you might want to check it out!

The Beachs said...

Meesa!!! How scary! I am so crazy happy that everything is okay. Thank you for reassuring me that being a paranoid mother is a-okay. Love your little family, you guys sure know how to make some beautiful babies!!