Friday morning I woke up to a wet bed. My sweet husband put a giant plastic bag over my side of the bed..sweet right? Nothing like the swishy sound of sleeping on top of a garbage bag. Anyway, I had my mind set that Monday morning would be THE BIG DAY, I was SO wrong. Get this, I get out of bed and take one step and my bladder let loose. I wasn't feeling that instant relief and tried to cross my legs to stop peeing my pants when it hit me..."Hey, Meesa, maybe this isn't pee and your water is breaking....start freaking out." I didn't freak out and just took a shower and got my stuff ready. Mama Gordon called Josh at school and told him that my water broke.
We hung out at home for a while to wait for some contractions but, nothing. I previously tested positive for the Strep B so I needed to go in and get the antibiotics. We get to Banner Gateway at 9:30 AM and they put me straight on Pitocin. Hours went by and my contractions were getting closer and closer and a little more painful. I finally gave in and got the epidural...that was the worst part because I kept contracting when the CRNA would put the needle in and I had major shakes. It took about 40 minutes and I was super numb and feeling REAL good. Seven o clock rolls around and Josh went to eat dinner with his parents, I was dilated at 5 1/2 by then and not even 10 minutes later I was dilated to 8 1/2. I call Josh to get him up to the room and by the time he got there from the cafeteria I was good to go. 20 minutes of pushing and little Devan June Gordon made her way into the world at 8:24 PM. We love her to death and right away she captured her Daddy's heart and she's got him wrapped around her finger. I love snuggling her and having MY baby at home finally. I love being a Mom and I'm so grateful for everyone that came or just gave their love to our little one. Thank you!!
She's Here!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 wise cracks:
MUAH!!!!! We love you and little Devan! Congrats!
Congrats!! I am so happy for you she is so cute!! I want to come and vist you!
She's so beautiful! Yay! I'm so happy for you-p.s. epidurals are wonderful aren't they!!!
yay! Congrats!!
Post a Comment