Let's be honest

I have a really hard time doing the things I'm supposed to be doing (reading my scriptures, having FHE) I'm a sinner. Tonight I think changed all that. My daughter and I did our usual routine..brush our teeth, read a story, read from the child's version of the Book of Mormon, and say our prayers. Something special happened tonight though. She bowed her head and folder her arms and was trying to repeat everything I said. The only thing I really understood was "amen." I know that being a parent I'm supposed to be her role model but my A-HA moment finally dawned on me that she has watched everything I do. It put things in perspective. It was just a sweet little moment of realization that I need to be a better role model for my kids. I had to post it because I would forget.

3 wise cracks:

Meagan said...

That happened to me at church today. We don't do any of those things, either, and we have a hard time WANTING to go to church....also staying for more than sacrament meeting. I went by myself today because Roy was sick and Braden was sleeping and I realized that I'm supposed to be the example now and I'm sucking at it. I hope we both get better. :)

Monica said...

Love you Mees

Lyndsay said...

This is so sweet. Isnt it funny the things kids pick up even when we dont even realize it... this can be good and bad! Haha! : )